Sunday, July 6, 2008

I too have a deep concern for the quality of life for my grand kids and those that will follow them. I sense that our world leaders, including those in this country are focused much more on power and politics and simply push the real problems on to later generations to deal with. I believe the time is shortly a head when the environmental problems of the world will be much too big and too immediate to push them any further into the future and most of us will stop and wonder – ‘just how could we have allowed this to happen’

Over the past 150 years or longer we have been very successful in most parts of the world to have given our children a better life than we had. But I sense that trend may begin to change in the next couple of generations and those of that time will squarely place the blame on earlier generations (including their parents and grandparents) for failing them by ignoring the up-keep and protection of our environment – either because of wars, global warming, pollution, ignorance or just plain stupidity. I don’t suspect there will be a ‘dooms’ day unless it is one that results an act of nature similar to what happened to the dinosaurs, But the easy life and the easy times for most of the world will be what life use to be!

My friend. Bill Avery asked me to post this for him.

No comments: